Deliveroo Introduces its ‘Signature’ Service to Hong Kong, Supporting Restaurant Partners Across the City to connect with customers
- Following a surge in demand for the ‘Signature’ service in the UK, Deliveroo has expanded the service to Hong Kong and other global markets
- Signature enables Deliveroo restaurant partners to offer delivery via their own online channels, increasing delivery volumes and brand loyalty at this vital time
- Signature is the latest digital initiative offered by Deliveroo to be introduced to Hong Kong to help support restaurants partners
(Hong Kong, 24 May 2021) – Deliveroo has today announced the launch of its ‘Signature’ service to restaurant partners across Hong Kong. Initially started in the UK, ‘Signature’ enables customers to order delivery, as well as Pickup, via the restaurant’s own website or app, whilst Deliveroo fulfils the delivery, allowing restaurant partners to benefit from Deliveroo’s expertise in all things food delivery and logistics. Local restaurant partners who have confirmed their participation in the Signature initiative so far include: Frites and Cali-Mex and more.
With Deliveroo’s Signature service, Deliveroo’s restaurant partners will have access to expert solutions tailored to meet their specific needs. Restaurants who sign up to Signature can have their own personal web pages with customised logo and brand colors created for them.
With restaurants unable to host customers for dine-in in full capacity for long periods over the past year, they have missed the direct contact with consumers that is so important to build brand loyalty. Through Signature, giving customers direct access to food delivery orders through their own online channels, restaurant partners are able to develop direct connections with customers. Signature’ can support restaurant partners by allowing them to:
- Reach new customers: Restaurant partners will be able to reach new customers and nurture existing relationships through targeted marketing campaigns. Additionally, partners can now promote their offerings on all media channels to drive growth and order volumes directly, in addition to on Deliveroo’s own channels
- Deepen Customer engagement: Restaurant partners will be able to understand their customers better by getting access to customer data and engaging with their most valued and loyal customers directly.
- Improve User Experience: Restaurant partners can leverage Deliveroo’s leading technology and logistics data to offer an additional channel for their own customers. This includes a customised front end website built by Deliveroo that combines all key restaurant branding elements, from photos, to font choice, to brand phrases and slogans
COVID-19 restrictions have placed a significant strain on Hong Kong’s F&B industry, as restaurants were met with reduced dine-in hours, capacity rates limited to 50% and table limits of 4 customers for much of the past year. With vaccination programmes underway and restaurant dine-in restrictions easing, restaurants are eager to find new and exciting ways to engage with and attract diners. As the latest offering designed to support its restaurant partners and extend their reach to valued customers, Deliveroo’s Signature will help to increase revenue as the city continues to face the fallback caused by the pandemic. Since the beginning of COVID-19, Deliveroo has unveiled several relief measures to support its restaurant partners, such as reducing commissions, a mall/restaurant partnership programme that helped F&B tenants drive significant value from delivery, a large-scale pickup campaign to bolster revenue during dine-in restrictions and innovative marketing campaigns to drive sales.
It’s an exciting day for us here in Hong Kong, as we launch our Signature service. Over the past year we’ve made significant efforts to support our restaurant partners through the rollercoaster of ups and downs due to the pandemic. With Signature’s rollout, Deliveroo will set up independent webpages for restaurants and handle the logistics. This means our partners can now have a direct relationship with their customers, something that is otherwise denied to them if they are unable to offer dine-in services. Ultimately, Deliveroo is here to support our partners, with tailor-made solutions designed to put customers at the centre of everything we do. We want to be the preferred platform for restaurants to work with so their dreams can become a reality.
General Manager of Deliveroo Hong Kong
For Cali-Mex, The Signature scheme is a great step in bridging the current gap between our online and offline customers. We are now able to deliver our own-branded communications to the most loyal delivery customers and leverage customer data to engage with them using targeted, personalized emails, campaigns and specific promotions. This will help convert customer traffic on our channels into delivery sales and continue to grow our brand loyalty. We had our own bikes and delivery system for many years, which was an expensive endeavour and an operational headache. This feels like a good in between measure, so that we can focus on what we do best, preparing fresh and delicious food, while letting Deliveroo help us deliver that food to our customers when they want it, in a convenient way.
Chief Operation Officer, Cali-Mex
Deliveroo is an award-winning delivery service founded in 2013 by William Shu and Greg Orlowski. Deliveroo works with over 115,000 best-loved restaurants and grocery partners, as well as 100,000 riders to provide the best food delivery experience in the world. Deliveroo is headquartered in London, with around 2,000 employees in offices around the globe.
Deliveroo operates in nearly 800 towns and cities across 12 markets, including Australia, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and the United Kingdom.
For more information or interviews, please contact
Zoe Chau | firstname.lastname@example.org | (852) 2501 7905
Greg Kwan | email@example.com | (852) 6893 6799